15th NATIONAL BLACK WRITERS CONFERENCE
“Activism, Identity and Race:
Playwrights and Screenwriters at the Crossroads”
Thursday, March 26 – Sunday, March 29, 2018; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Medgar Evers College, CUNY
1638 Bedford Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11225
Early-registration online ENDS FEB. 10, 2020 (rates increase after.)
Early-registration by mail must be postmarked by Monday, Feb. 10, 2020.
Early-registration is refundable by March 10, 2020.
Online Registration ends Friday, March 16, 2020.
SPECIAL! Register for two (2) Talkshops and receive 15 % off ticketed price! [Talkshops to be scheduled.]
Enter Promo Code: like2talkshop
Program is subject to change.
Onsite Registration takes place DAYS OF EVENT ONLY. No advanced on-site registration.
Onsite Fees/Donation go up from early-registration and are as the follows:
|ONSITE REGISTRATION FEES/ DONATION||Early-registration|
|All days – General||$80||$65|
|All day – Student (all)/
|1 day – General||$35||$25|
|1 day – Student (all)
/ Senior/ Faculty
Medgar Evers College Students attend for FREE!
Registration and Valid ID Required. (See below for details.)
Registration for MEC Students& Faculty:
- All MEC Students (Matriculated & Non- Matriculated) – No Cost (FREE). Please complete registration online. [This does not include ticketed events such as any related concerts, receptions, talkshops, or the like.] Please be prepared to show proof on-site (program or ID).
Classes– For class preregistration:
- Professors must submit a class roster in advance to the Registration Coordinator.
These students may be required to complete a registration form on–site to capture their information and asked to complete a survey/ evaluation.
These students should bring valid MEC identification.
Registration for MEC Faculty and Staff:
- MEC Faculty who require their students to attend any portion of the Conference are offered “gratis entry”. Please complete a Registration Form and indicate “gratis” in the Student/Faculty/Senior box.
- All other MEC Faculty and Staff are asked to pay the donation as indicated on the registration form.
- ID required for Student/ Faculty/ Senior Admission rates. Please present at time of entry. Discount entry is non-transferable.
If you have additional questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) page.