NBWC Poetry Café Auditions
Calling all Emerging Poets & Spoken-Word Artists!
This is your opportunity to shine!
A live audition will be held for this event in February 2016. Online submissions will be accepted through January 29, 2016.
This is a New Talent event.
No artists with books printed by mainstream publishing houses.
Groups and Individuals accepted.
Criteria: Originality, Performance, and Content.
When: Tuesday, February 9, 2016 (subject to change)
Time: 6:30 pm – 9 pm
Where: Edison O. Jackson Auditorium
Medgar Evers College, CUNY
1638 Bedford Avenue (Academic Building 1)
RSVPs for the live audition must be made by: FEB. 5, 2016
At the live audition:
• Auditions are open to unpublished writers (via mainstream).
• Each performer will be asked to sign in upon arrival to confirm your space.
• RSVPs & Walk-in’s must sign up by 7 PM. (You are not guaranteed a spot. This is based on “no-shows”.)
• There is a 3 min. limit for each person/ group auditioning.
Subway directions to Medgar Evers College, CUNY: No. 2, 3, 4, 5 trains to Franklin Avenue station.
The audition winners will perform at the 7th NBWC Poetry Café on March 31, 2016.
13th National Black Writers Conference dates March 31 – April 3, 2016.
Or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://filmfreeway.com/festival/NBWCPoetryCafeAuditions2016
Online submissions should be no longer than 3 minutes.
• All winners will be notified by February 26, 2016.
• You will NOT BE NOTIFIED if you have not been selected.
• If you live in the NYC area, we encourage the live audition. If you are certain you cannot attend the live audition, your electronic submission will be admissible.
Share this event on Facebook.
NBWC Poetry Café
Date: Thursday, March 31, 2016
Time: 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Co-Sponsored by Brooklyn Public Library
10 Grand Army Plaza
Brooklyn, NY 11238
FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Join our mailing list, “follow” us on Twitter,
or “like” us on Facebook to receive up to the minute news!
Produced by: Wendy Robinson & Fun Tillery (of “Sunday Funday”)